Fire Safety Training
Aarhus Fire has invested heavily in providing businesses with the very highest level in training courses.
Since the introduction of The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, it has been a requirement that ALL members of staff should undergo some form of fire safety training.
From day one of their employment, a new employee must be made aware of what to do in an outbreak of fire in the workplace and what action to take. Training in the safe use of the fire fighting equipment available should be given as soon as it is practical. This training is required even when the company policy is to “Just Get Out”.
At Aarhus Fire Protection, we employ ex-senior fire officers with many years of experience in fire safety and fire safety training to undertake the training sessions. To help your business comply with this legislation, Aarhus Fire Protection offers the following courses.
Practical use of fire extinguishers
This is a one and a half hour course for up to 12 delegates. The course objective is to give delegates practical “hands-on experience” in the safe use of the different types of fire extinguishers using controlled live fires.
Fire Warden / Fire Marshal Training
This is a half-day course for up to 12 delegates. The course objective is to outline the responsibilities, duties and requirements of a Fire Warden / Fire Marshal.
The areas covered are:
- Identifying fire risks.
- Understanding the chemistry of fire, e., the triangle of fire
- Fire prevention in the workplace.
- What to do on discovering a fire.
- We are implementing a Fire Action Routine for all employees and visitors.
- Evacuation procedures, i.e. building sweeps, roll calls etc.
- The practical use of fire extinguishers on controlled live fires.
- If required, we can create a site or business-specific fire training course for your company. The course would be tailor-made to your unique requirements.